Workshop – Tuesday, March 3rd – 5:30pm
Belfast City Hall, Council Chambers
Maximum Grant Award:
- $25,000 (Funds for this program are contingent upon being selected by the Department of Economic and Community Development. It is anticipated that Funds will not be available until June 2020.
- Cash match requirement is 28% of the grant amount requested (i.e. $10,000 grant, $2,800 cash match; $25,000 grant, $7,000 cash match)
Allowable Projects Includes*:
- Exterior Improvements
- Including Signage
- Display Windows
*Preference given to projects located in the downtown and that submit completed application by 5pm, Friday, April 3rd, 2020.
- Property Owner or Business Owner (with property owner consent)
- Projects need to secure a spot blight designation or already designated slum and blight area (see map). Spot Blight Designation Criteria requires a building to pose a public health and safety concern, or have a facade that is crumbling, peeling, falling, decay. It must be more than aesthetic.
- Must be in a zone that allows commercial use]
- The facade to be improved must be visible to the general public from a public street
- Overview of program
- Review list of eligible activities
- In-Town Design Review Process
- Spot-blight designation
- Application Process
- Question and Answer
Sign-up to recieve guidelines and grant application:
For more information:
Thomas Kittredge or Zach Schmesser
207-338-3370 x116 207-218-1158