10am – 6pm throughout downtown Belfast!
Organizers of this year’s book festival say it’s a celebration of the written word “in it’s many artful, bound, and unbound forms.” After a two-year hiatus, Our Town Belfast, in partnership with the Belfast Free Library and Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce, is bringing back the Belfast Bound Book Festival on Saturday, May 7th.
A range of bibliocentric events will fill up the first Saturday in May including signings, book talks, a poetry reading, workshops, an art show, and activities for children as well. The fun will take place at venues throughout Belfast; Waterfall Arts, the Belfast Free Library, Left BankBooks, Front Street Pub, Old Professor’s Bookshop, The Green Store, the Chamber of Commerce Visitor’s Center, the Belfast Co-op, downtown parks and sidewalks, and others.
- Storytime at the Downtown Traffic Light (10am-3pm)
- Maine Authors Publishing (10am-4pm)
- Book Conservation Demo (10am-2pm)
- Brody the Moose at the Purple Baboon! (10am-2pm)
- “As Old As Time” Tasting Day at Vinolio (10am-5pm)
- Paste Paper and Bookbinding Workshop with Abbie Read (10am-4pm, $75)
- Bookmaking with Bridget Matros (10am-12pm, $15)
- John Ford Sr., Mark Nickerson at Rollie’s (11am-12pm)
- Memoir Writing: Learning To Tell Your Life Stories – a workshop by author Elizabeth Peavey (1-3pm, $10)
- Type Out with Tom Furrier (2-5pm)