Coastal Mountains Land Trust seeks a motivated, self-starting individual capable of coordinating events, collaborating with staff on existing programs, and developing new programs and community events. While not an educator or teacher position, this position will create active long-term collaborations with schools and organizations to engage young people in outdoor education. This is a full-time, salaried position that will involve some evening and weekend work.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible:
- Development of long-term partnerships with schools to facilitate outdoor learning, such as by leading field trips to Land Trust Preserves, supporting development of outdoor classrooms, training teachers and supporting teacher and school needs.
- Organization of outdoor and natural history focused events and community programs that includes partner organizations and engage diverse audiences.
- Maintenance of a volunteer recruitment and retention program where volunteers are engaged and appreciated.
- Compelling written materials and information about how to engage with the Land Trust and access and enjoy Land Trust properties.
- Integration of Community Engagement with Development, Stewardship, and Land Protection efforts at the Land Trust.