The early settlers of Belfast made provisions for a burying place as part of the first division of the land. In 1769, 10 acres of land on the east side was set aside for a meetinghouse and graveyard. The original cemetery has been recently restored and is now accessible to the public. It is particularly beautiful in the fall. Please note that dogs are not allowed.
Location: 46-52 Belmont Avenue in Belfast, Maine (continuation of Main Street).
For more information, please visit: https://www.cityofbelfast.org/109/History-of-Grove-Cemetery
273 Main St Fire Sta, Belfast, Maine 04915, United States of America