Marketing and Events Coordinator
Our Town Belfast is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven person to communicate about community projects and plan events from conception through to completion. This person will be responsible for the following, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Develop marketing communications plans for the organization to tell our story including events and promotions
- Identify advertising, PR, social media, and other opportunities, negotiating rates as needed.
- Manage event webpages and Facebook events.
- Coordinate and maintain events calendar for the region.
- Develop promotional materials for events and coordinate the distribution of these materials locally, regionally, and statewide.
- Lead all event efforts, including the creation of new events and the planning and promotion of new and existing festivals, educational seminars, and community, cultural, and fundraising events.
- Attend all event committee meetings and serve as the principal organizer and liaison with participants, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, attendees, and others.
- Organize all aspects of events, including facilities/location, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional materials, etc.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with businesses, organizations, the municipality, residents and community members, educational institutions, and others as needed.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date event planning records and information (spreadsheets, budgets, meeting minutes) and provide periodic progress reports and budget updates for each event to executive director.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Determine staff and volunteer activities and communicate these responsibilities accordingly.
- Conduct pre- and post–event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Establish a system to track success/failure of each event.
- Assist other community organizations with event planning needs as assigned.
- Recruit new volunteers and maintain a database of contacts.
- Write thank you cards to all volunteers as needed and develop volunteer appreciation program.
Community Building/Office Management
- Provide positive first experience for visitors and guests when they visit the office
- Build relationships and collaborate with other nonprofits with similar missions to increase efficiency and output.
- Spearhead community and economic development projects as assigned.
- Maintain database of contacts for all organizations.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet and communicate with the public in an effective, diplomatic, and courteous manner
- Detail-oriented with strong time-management and organizational skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media
- Must be enthusiastic and physically capable to perform essential functions, as required
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with email management software (Constant Contact)
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with WordPress Work
Hours, reporting, and salary:
- Position is contracted for one year (anticipated November 1, 2018 – December 31, 2019) with potential to become a permanent position.
- This is a ¾ time hourly position (30 hours per week). Some weekend and evening work required.
- Position will report to the executive director.
- Salary is commensurate based on skills and experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications on October 6 and continue to take applications until the position is filled.
About Our Town Belfast
OUR TOWN BELFAST is a community-driven Main Street organization whose mission is to grow and sustain Belfast’s historic downtown while celebrating our unique cultural heritage.
We believe in supporting local businesses, honoring our heritage through historic preservation and bringing together the community in order to make downtown Belfast a better place to live, work, and play.
Our Town Belfast envisions a vibrant future in which our waterfront, commercial district, treasured historic buildings and outdoor public spaces are alive with activity.